Tuesday 8 May 2012

Chunky Monkey Cookies

'Skinny' cookies that are home made with no sugar, simple ingredients, and the recipe is easy enough that the boy can help me with? I'm in!

I was browsing Pinterest the other night, (aka wasting time when I should have been in bed & asleep) and I came across the recipe for Skinny Chunky Monkey Cookies from the Six Sisters Stuff blog. They needed ripe bananas, and it just so happened I had a few that I was getting ready to throw in the freezer for smoothies, so I figured I had nothing to lose.

The recipe is simple, (and relatively healthy for a cookie) some bananas, oats, cocoa, peanut butter, apple sauce, and vanilla. I handed over my masher and let the boy go to town on the bananas, and it was perfect. He felt like he was really contributing and it kept him busy while I got together the rest of the ingredients. 

The cookies came out pretty well, the boy had fun making them, and now we have treats for the week. All in all a successful afternoon. Now to decide between finding other cool stuff on Pinterest for the boy & I to do, or going to bed. Tough call. at least I can eat a cookie while I think about it.




No comments:

Post a Comment