Wednesday 1 February 2012

I have to do my skating

The boy got skates for Christmas and has been learning how to skate. He's been doing really well, and I'm so proud of how hard he's trying. The rule in our house is it doesn't matter if you succeed or not, but you always have to try. He's really taken that to heart, and now flies around the house 'skating'. Because of course he needs to practice his skating. (Even though he's indoors, and not wearing his skates, it's still practice according to him)

This means he slides up and down on the hardwood floors (wearing his socks of course for better distance) or runs on the carpet and calls out "Look Mummy, I'm skating!" This afternoon I asked if he wanted to do a craft or play a game, and got told "No Mummy, I just have to do my skating", and with that he was off and slipping through the house. The best part? The boy told me to sit on the couch and watch him,. What could be better? Letting him burn off some of his excess energy while I get to relax on the couch for 5 minutes, awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment