Friday 16 September 2011

Dizzy

I suffer from motion sickness, which means that for both my parents and hubby, I'm not a joy to sit with in planes, trains, or automobiles. Thankfully the boy doesn't seem to have this problem, for which I'm so grateful. It means that we can go on car trips and not worry about him feeling ill. Related to my motion sickness, I also get dizzy really easily, something else which doesn't seem to bother the boy. In fact he, like many other toddlers, seems to enjoy that 'spin-y' feeling. Today, I caught him running loops around a tree in our backyard just for fun!

Now, when we play chase, he has decided that he likes to run around in circles, and he gets upset if I don't follow him. He also really enjoys superman swings (when you hold onto his hands and run around in a tight circle and he gets to 'fly' as his legs lift off the ground). The poor kid only gets two or three spins before I have to stop. He's always been a problem solver and negotiator, so now he tries to convince me that I need unwind and go the other way so that I won't feel sick. But I'm onto him, I know he's just trying to get a few more spins out of me. I think that he's going to have to learn to live with the disappointment, because in the long run, that's a lot easier to deal with than having me throw up on him!


No comments:

Post a Comment