Tuesday 17 May 2011

Today I'll behave...

The boy is getting older, and starting to really grasp that his actions have consequences, both good and bad. So some days are great when he  knows what needs to be done, follows instructions, and listens. Some days, not so great. Yesterday the boy was misbehaving while we were trying to have his shower before bed. We'd had a long day and I was not in the mood for it. So he got two warnings and on the third, I simply told him no more shower, turned the water off and that was it. 

This meant a lot of screaming and fussing (from the boy, not me). He really loves showers and baths - we have a detachable shower head so he loves holding onto it and making his own sprinkler in the tub. After a few minutes though, he finally calmed down, and off we went to bed and the rest of our night time routine.

Tonight, the boy was getting undressed and ready to go have his shower, and he stopped and looked at me and said "I'll behave today Mummy". And he did, and it was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment